24 June 2010

Fashionably Late

Well, here I am, poking a toe into a sea of food blogs. I've been thinking about starting a blog for months - probably over a year, to be honest - and I've finally decided to get on with it and just dive in. Late to the game, I know - let's pretend that I'm fashionably late rather than embarrassingly behind schedule.

So, to begin: I'm Margie, and this is my blog. I spend many of my waking hours thinking about food, making food, reading about food, and writing, so it seemed a logical step to carve out a spot where I can write about food.

I hope that this blog will become a place where I can develop ideas, share my experiments, and hopefully learn from others in this corner of the internet. This will not, despite its somewhat misleading moniker, be a blog about desserts, or at least not entirely. I love sweets: cookies and tarts, crumbles and tortes, you name it. I'm sure I will share recipes, ideas, and probably failures from my dessert oven, but I also want to talk about curried cauliflower and potatoes, and stir-fried noodles in all their glorious forms, and Memphis smoked ribs, and, and, and ...

Suffice it to say that I love most food in most of its forms, and I will be talking about many different dishes, cuisines, and cooking styles. On that subject, I also have an idea for a long-term cooking/eating project, and I'll be posting details and thoughts about that soon.

And with that ... it has begun!

Coming soon: Pork Larb with Green Papaya Salad and sticky rice.

2 comments :

  1. I too have a love of food and a love of writing. They had always been separate but equal. Kudos to you for jumping in, even if you (and I) are late to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I am enjoying writing it.

    ReplyDelete