30 June 2010

The good and the bad

The good:

First tomato from the garden

The first Big Boy tomato from our garden. We have a couple dozen on this plant in various stages of ripeness, as well as a few different heirloom varieties and one Roma plant that is still quite green, so I'm hoping to have a steady march of fresh tomatoes for a decent part of the summer.

The bad:

I didn't have a chance to write the recipe for my dinner tonight, an old standard: dal (Indian lentil stew) with steamed rice and a boiled egg. Coming soon!

The ugly:

Spilling leftover miso all over my fridge. I've not yet committed myself to this blog enough to delay the cleanup and take pictures, so you'll just have to imagine the carnage. I managed to soak two shelves, the cheese drawer and a crisper.

No comments :

Post a Comment